The blue-ringed octopus is extremely toxic. Being bit by this thing would be a disaster considering that there is no anti-venom. As upsetting as that is there is a chance not to get bit if you know what to look for.

Brown and small you would think nothing would tip you off but there is something quite significant about it. When made mad this octopus’s rings begin to glow blue. That is the warning sign.

If you do get bit because you didn’t see it telling you to back off you had better get to the closest hospital because its venom is fatal. You can make it if you do but instead of taking that chance just look out for the glowing blue rings.

Advertisements